Twirl Academy is where learning and dancing are BFF's!
Watch your child blossom at our Twirl Academy Classes as they make adorable friendships and become immersed in dance and learning! They’ll come home talking about all of the amazing things they did that day; especially when they learn to add and subtract using plies and releves or made life size bubbles to pop with their arabesque in their science lesson! It will leave them with memories they’ll cherish forever. These specialized academy classes are developed for kids ages 3-6 who are ready to learn Pre-K and Kindergarten concepts and are a perfect way to spend the season learning and dancing with others!
Students enrolled in Twirl Academy will not only spend time in their ballet shoes, but also work on age appropriate skills such as:
Learning Numbers & Letters
Shapes and Colors
Sorting & Matching
Basic Addition & Subtraction
Fine Motor and Scissor Skills
Twirl Academy has two sessions to choose from!
Mondays & Tuesdays 8:30-11:30am
Mondays & Tuesdays 12:00-3:00pm
12 Week Session runs from Sept 2-Nov 24
Enrollment is best suited for dancers ages 2.5-8 years old. Children must be potty trained to attend.
All Academy Classes have limited space to maintain social distancing standards and are drop off only.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS, SAFETY PROTOCOLS AND MORE!
At Bella Ballerina our aim is always to keep our dancers safe and happy. During classes at Twirl Academy, you can come to expect the following measures and protocols in place to ensure a safe environment for attending students. As always, if your dancer is sick, please do not attend class. If a member of your family is sick, please stay home as well.
- OUTDOOR CHECK IN/DROP OFF. When you arrive, do not line up more than 5 minutes before class start times. We will check in students one at a time to ensure we are limiting the amount of people at the studio. After their first day, parents will give a hug and kiss at the door.
- PICK UP PROTOCOL. Your dancer will be assigned a number on the first day and you will be given a pick up pass! At pick up time each day, parents will form a line outside and show their number through the door. Each student will be handed off to their parent one at a time in a quick and efficient manner!
- WE WILL BE TAKING VARIOUS IN-STUDIO MEASURES TO HELP WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING. Enrollment for Twirl Academy is limited and students will be broken into two distinct groups throughout the entirety of their classes so that we can maintain social distancing and use all of the space we have at the studio. This will also allow for age appropriate activities during learning time!
- CLEANLINESS / SANITATION / DISINFECTING PROTOCOL - We will be practicing frequent hand washing, disinfecting and sanitizing of the studio, as well as keeping as many supplies as possible assigned to specific children instead of sharing.
- WHEN STUDENTS ARRIVE, THEY WILL BEGIN BY WASHING THEIR HANDS. You'll notice our coffee stations will temporarily be replaced with "sanitation stations"! We will start the day by making sure everyone's hands are clean!
- COME DRESSED AND READY TO GO! This will allow us to keep common spaces such as the bathroom minimally used.
- BRING YOUR OWN WATER BOTTLE AND LUNCH. Every dancer should come with their own LABELED water bottle and a lunch in a LABELED disposable bag. Students will be socially distanced at meal time, but we also ask that no peanut products be brought in lunches.
- OUR TEACHERS WILL BE WEARING MASKS. Masks will be worn by Academy teachers at all times. Also be aware that due to the nature of the job that dance teachers will need to remove their mask while performing dance instruction while uninhibited breathing is imperative when exercising. Their masks will always be worn at all times outside of these circumstances. Dancers under the age of 10 are not required to wear masks. The state mandates that parents of participants wear a face covering when inside. Children under the age of 10 are not required to wear masks. Should your child choose to wear a mask, they are welcome to. Dancers will be participating in a number of physical activities during camp where masks are not required.
- TWIRL ACADEMY LEARNING ACTIVITIES Twirl Academy does not claim to be an accredited preschool, private school or daycare. Your dance and learn sessions are not a substitution for a school environment, but rather a supplement for learning and socialization. Children will learn age appropriate dance curriculum as well as various academic activities according to their grade level.
- PAYMENT POLICIES RELATED TO TWIRL ACADEMY We realize that there is no substitute for the in-person experience of Twirl Academy classes. For this reason, should we be mandated to close by the state for any reason, we will automatically convert your Twirl Academy membership to a monthly UNLIMITED Class membership with our online portal at a rate of $80/month. There will be no refunds issued for payments already made including registration fees, however future payments will be collected at the reduced rate. Should the studio be mandated to close for a limited amount of time (days instead of an unforeseeable amount of time), class will be held online via Zoom and no payment adjustments will be made. If you are a Dance All Year Student in addition to being enrolled in Twirl Academy, your tuition will be reduced to only your Dance All Year payment.